Thursday, June 15, 2017

Ninety Seven / Patrons, don't do this.

 

Assalamualaikum!

Okay, today, I am going to rant a little. 

A few days ago, I went out for berbuka with my better half at a famous Korean restaurant. I know this place is going to be filled with people in a jiffy so I called them at 11am just to make sure my seats are secured. 

Me being the typical, nosy, me, I was asking random questions to the person on the other line like "apa macam, penuh ka today?" She told me that they are almost fully booked - after my reservation, they only have 4 seats left. 

So fast forward to 10 minutes before berbuka, both my husband and I were talking while waiting for our food to arrive. As expected, the restaurant was fully occupied, and I saw at least 5-6 parties approach the counter requesting for a table but to no avail - they were really full!

While they were serving food out to all patrons,  a young couple who sat across us suddenly stood up, and decided to leave shortly before their orders arrived. Like, 5 seconds before kinda thing. We thought they wanted to go to the washroom ke apa apa but no bebeh. They vanished. 

They literally disappeared. Their table was filled with dishes that could actually feed 5-6 pax (although there were just the two of them) and yet, they left. The owner of the restaurant was dumbfounded - how selfish can one be? Who is going to eat all these food on the table? Mind you, all these happened before berbuka, even if you get your food now, you cannot eat it anyway. 

We (Zizan and I) were trying to be optimistic. Maybe they had an emergency, we thought. I could also see the owner of the restaurant trying to reach the missing couple by calling their mobile. It was already Maghrib then. After trying to call the couple a few minutes, I heard the owner discussing with his stewards, he said this with his Korean accent - "Nevermind, they hungry. Fasting. They leave. What to do." So they decided to clean the table up and made way for the next one in line. 

A few hours later, when we were walking around the mall, we bumped into the same couple. They looked pretty normal, not in a rush, quite happy and was seen holding a paper bag of food from another restaurant. That ticked me off. 

I was very much disturbed with the incident. People had to line up with bread and a can drink in hand just to secure a seat or two. But these people, I tell you. If you don't want to eat there, just don't place any order lah. 

I don't know why I got so upset with what happened. It was more like, come on. Don't be an ass, what more in Ramadhan kinda thing. I pity the owner - he was very optimistic about the whole situation, despite having to foot a bill of at least 100 bucks?

Unnecessary loss, I must say. 

Be vigilant. I know it might sound petty to most of you. But I think we should all be responsible over all of our actions. Treat your booked seats as a commitment. Order responsibly. 

Okay that's it people. Selamat berbuka!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree in motion? Beg to differ? Go ahead.