Tuesday, January 23, 2024

134 / Hello 2024


2023 has been eventful for me. The bulk of it involved the intricate mosaic of my transition from KL to the tranquil Sarawak - a journey that filled with nothing but both challenges and enriching experiences in 1001 unexpected ways.

It began with the loss of my dear grandmother in September, shortly after I relocated. In between my emotional tempests, the new friends I made in Sarawak became my anchor to reality, to make sure I don’t go astray while I’m here.

It was a whirlwind. I had to acclimate with the vernacular nuances, a stark departure from the usual. Had to also pickup a new language. Navigating this linguistic labyrinth is a massive work in progress and from my end it hasn't been easy, yet I find the journey rather rewarding still. 

The pulse of life here beats at a markedly different tempo too. It is a refreshing personally, compared to KL's frenetic rhythm. The pace is much slower, calmer. Every breath I draw is drawn wholly, fully. Inhale. Exhale. That’s the art of living. Life's simple joy that I have taken for granted before.

It doesn’t help that despite being five months in, I am still struggling with the weekly back and forth from KUL - KCH, vice versa. Undoubtedly demanding on both sides, but it has also strengthened our familial bond, not just between me and my small unit, but also with my siblings, and moms. I can still remember the comments I received from a few people, saying I won’t be able to keep up with the weekly transit because it will be damn tiring. I told them WATCH ME. I’m still holding on to the weekly commute because my family in KL needs me but to be honest I do question my life choices every now and then. 

Despite all that, this transition has helped uncover a newfound sense of independence for me, as an individual. Of living solo and independently. That is no longer an uncharted territory. It's all about self-reliance and the art of embracing solitude. I learnt to count on me. That I can count on me. That I should count on me. 

I know it has only been five months, but the journey continues to unfold.. With lotsa of twists and turns. Each challenge faced is like a beautiful stroke on my not so blank canvas. My canvas. The canvas that is now progressively painting my journey and wherever it may take me. 

May I continue to be as strong, if not stronger this 2024. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree in motion? Beg to differ? Go ahead.