Tuesday, September 18, 2018

106 / A Life Within

Hello!

So last 6th August, we found out that we are expecting! It was very new then, according to Baby Center, I was only 4 weeks pregnant. 

I actually found out about it 4 days before my period was due. I felt feverish, fatigue and a little nauseous. It was a weird feeling, I couldn’t put my finger on it. The night before, my husband was feeling all that - sudden fever - and it was a little weird and funny at the same time. 

Why I said it was weird and funny? It’s because two years ago, we had similar symptoms and the next day I decided to give my pregnancy test kit a go. We got a faint positive and it darkened overtime. We were still unsure, we went to the doctor, started peeing on sticks and eventually the doctor confirmed my pregnancy. I was around 6 weeks, but I lost the pregnancy at 8 weeks. 

Okay so fast forward to two years later, we went through a series of dejavus and as I was driving home from work, I thought to myself, hey let’s just give it a check. Who knows? Rezeki is rezeki, if it’s not there it’s ok, we can always try again. Plus, we have always kept one cheapo test strip at home, just in case if I feel like checking. 

When I arrived home, I spoke to my husband and we decided to utilize that one emergency pregnancy test kit. I collected my urine, took the strip and dipped it in the liquid. I put it on the counter top and we stared at the test. Usually I’ll look away and distract myself but this time I didn’t. 

We didn’t have to wait for long - as the liquid ran over the test, two lines appeared almost immediately. It was a big fat positive! Masha Allah! We gasped!

We were in disbelief, yes we have been trying for the past 3.5 years of our beautiful marriage, and we were already thinking of saving up and seek for professional help next year and slave ourselves to any fertility centers. We didn’t expect to become pregnant again especially with the fact that I have PCOS, and to fall pregnant twice under this condition is a miracle! It was a dream come true!

We jumped and hugged for abit, called my mom and my sister, cried a little and went out for tea. My husband went out to the nearest pharmacy and bought another test, a digital one called Clearblue, just to be sure. I have had one false positive last year, so we don’t really want to get excited over nothing. 

Later that night I tested again using the digital kit, and alhamdulillah, I was already 2-3 weeks pregnant.

No words could describe how happy I was when we found out. Just when we thought of giving up, Allah answered us with two lines. I am now 10 weeks pregnant and alhamdulillah we are going on strong. I plan to document my pregnancy journey here, and enjoy every single moment. One day, when I grow old, I can read this again so I will be reminded of how happy I was when I found out that we are expecting. 

Pray for us!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree in motion? Beg to differ? Go ahead.